The occasional rainy day is kinda nice. It makes everything smell fresh, keeps things green, the air clean. However, when it rains for days, weeks, on end, I really begin to hate the rain. I realize that I live in Washington, 4th generation, I choose to be here. I have also lived in other places, other states, and for all the differences there are, there is one common factor: Rain. No matter where I have lived, where I have visited, it rains. I know there are places in this world where rain is rare, and some places where it rains every single day. When we lived in Connecticut, it was winter, so mostly, it only snowed, but that's just colder, stickier, more slippery rain. In Maryland, it rained A LOT. In Japan, it rained every day we were there, but it was their rainy season. Here in Washington, it barely rained all summer, but since we hit september, it rains at least 3-4 days a week, if not every day. Sometimes, its nice during the day and only rains at night, but it rains. Its cold outside, being almost winter, which makes the rain more miserable, for some reason. I can't go outside and take a walk. Well, I could, but I tend to get sick when I do that. Ok, ok, enough about rain. I can't escape it.
Life is...well, life. School keeps me extremely busy, and when I'm not buried in homework, I'm taking care of the animals (who also don't like the rain, by the way), or going home to help my mom with my grandparents. Sometimes I get a break and get to visit my best friend, Jessica, but that doesn't happen as often as I would like. Thanksgiving is just a week away and Christmas is just a few weeks after that.
Thanksgiving is going to be amazing. It's one of my favorite days of the year. I get to see all my family, there will be close to 60 people this year. I volunteered to make Pumpkin Muffins, so that will be fun. My grandma's family is Swedish, so there is so much food and everyone is talking and laughing. Sometimes we play games, and the night usually ends with all of us sitting around, watching slides of family photos. Some from way back when my great-grandparents were still alive, to the most current family photos. It's so great to see the history, the fun we've all had over the years. See the loved ones we have lost. Last year, on Thanksgiving, we lost my great-aunt Dorothy. She was my grandma's oldest sister and such a sweet lady. I was in Maryland last Thanksgiving, and it was nice, but not the same.
I am hoping to be able to see some of my dad's family over the holidays, this year. I have never met any of them, other than my dad. I have talked to my Aunt, on facebook, but I hope to meet her soon and my grandmother too. Maybe my uncles and some cousins, one of these days. Family is the most important thing!
Ok, I have a paper due for Geography on Agricultural Biotechnology, that I need to get back to. I would be out taking a walk, but it's RAINING!!!
So many feel worse before better
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment