Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bekka

This Saturday evening, 29 August 2009, I should be getting ready for a crazy night out. I should be celebrating with friends, Bekka's 21st birthday. A momentous occasion, everyone should have a chance to celebrate. Instead, I'm home, mourning the loss of one of my closest friends. Bekka was like a little sister to me. I have known her since she was 5 years old. Almost 2 years ago, she passed away, for no good reason. There was no accident, she wasn't sick. She just didn't wake up. Yes, it's a peaceful way to go, but she was only 19! She barely got to start college, she will never celebrate her 21st, her 30th, she will never get married, have kids. October will be 2 years that she has been gone, but sometimes it feels like just yesterday and some days, it's hard to grasp that she is gone at all. We should all be getting ready to celebrate and instead, we are mourning.

Happy 21st Bekka! I love you and miss you soooooo much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment